Thank you for considering employment with YWCA Bucks County. If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to the career opportunities posted, please e-mail your resume directly to the email provided for the position. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
TITLE: Teaching Assistant
COMPANY: YWCA Bucks County
LOCATION: Levittown and Bristol
REPORTS TO: Youth Services Manager
STATUS: Part-time (12.5 hrs/week)
YWCA Bucks County is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and
promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
To assist the teacher in providing academic support for students and ensure that program goals are met: help each student improve academic performance, make learning fun, encourage reading, motivate students to attend school everyday, help each student learn time management skills, and help each student achieve a positive self-image.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Assists in the implementation of the program
- Provides support to children with completing homework assignments and then check for accuracy
- Greets and supervises students as they enter the program
- Assists in distribution of snacks
- Ensures supplementary grade appropriate teaching materials are available
- Encourages and rewards program participants for positive behavior, progress, etc.
- Maintains accurate attendance and program records
- Assists YWCA teacher in tracking and reporting on outcomes
- Assists in the facilitation of communication with families regarding student progress
- Notifies YWCA supervisor of any needed referrals for crisis intervention situations observed in students, which includes serving as a mandated reporter for incidents of suspected abuse
The requirements to perform this job successfully are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree in Education or related field preferred, or High School Diploma with comparable experience working with children
- Must be patient and encouraging
- Serve as a positive role model for program participants, treating all staff and students with respect
- Possess the ability to make learning and reading fun
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This position will occasionally require the employee to work outdoors, and sometimes in hot weather. The work environment usually has moderate noise, and occasionally has loud noise.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should email email@example.com