Family Finding Case Manager Part-time (with potential for full-time)
COMPANY: YWCA Bucks County DEPARTMENT: Program Services
LOCATION: Trevose, PA 19053 CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Family Support Manager STATUS: Part-time 20-25 hrs/week
Hiring Range: $17.00-$19.00
YWCA Bucks County is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and
promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Summary: The YWCA Bucks County is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual with strong leadership skills and the ability to work independently, to serve as a Family Finding Case Manager. Performs the necessary groundwork and consultation for permanency through the establishment of a network of connections for youth in care. The Family Finding Case Manager will discover, locate and engage biological and fictive kin or significant adults in the life of the referred youth or family in order to develop a supportive network of connections, which is the most crucial factor in establishing permanency for the referred youth or family. Provide sufficient information about these individuals to the referring CYS Agency to determine how they will participate as a connection resource for the child or family. Position may require non-traditional business hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as may be assigned.
- Collaborate with the referring CYS Agency and other professionals and agencies working with the youth or family
- Discover, identify, locate and track relatives, kin or significant individuals for the referred child’s or family’s life
- Engage the identified relatives, kin or significant individuals using a strength based approach in order to develop a supportive network of connections for the youth or family
- Collaborate with referring CYS agency and professionals to assess the readiness of the youth or family for initial contact with newly discovered relatives and kin
- Follow Family Finding procedure to ensure the program is consistent with the models beliefs, values and philosophy
- Make all necessary arrangements and follow procedures for alignment and decision making meetings (Issue invitations and communicate all relevant details about the alignment or decision making meeting to each participant)
- Enter and maintain all aspects of client information in the database system within required timeframes
- Perform all other duties as needed
The requirements to perform this job successfully are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social work or related human services field
- Preferred case management experience
- Demonstrated leadership Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to improving the quality of life for identified individuals in Bucks County
- Valid, insurable driver’s license
- Has or acquires basic knowledge of YWCA computer system (Windows, Office, Publisher)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This position will occasionally require the employee to work outdoors, and sometimes in hot weather. The work environment usually has moderate noise, and occasionally has loud noise.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org